A large portion of our client projects involve commercial construction websites. When we approach a commercial company site design we use a different approach than we would with a residential contractors website. Commercial construction sites are very different than a residential contractor, and here’s why…
Why commercial construction website design is different:0>
- Commercial websites are predominantly used for branding information purposes
- Commercial websites are not focused on lead generation as much as residential sites
- Commercial websites have very different goals and objectives
- Commercial websites have a much more information and pages
- Commercial websites focus on large B2B clients versus homeowners
- Commercial websites are typically found through word of mouth and referrals
Remember you’re creating a commercial website for your clients not yourself, so make sure you have what is most important to your website visitors. Clear, high quality photos, accessible contact information, credentials, and background information are the key components visitors to your commercial website are looking for. By providing those elements, you offer real value to your visitors, earn their loyalty and ultimately, their business.
Our Top Picks of Commercial Construction Website Designs(in no specific order)
- Tutor Perini
Bechtel is one of the largest commercial construction companies.
- The site uses a clean design with simple navigation.
- They leverage the power of visual content and have a professional images to engage you on the website.
- The website showcases their work which is broken down by segment.
- They feature their news and credentials clearly throughout the site.
- They have great video content on the website.
Fluor designs, builds and maintains the world’s toughest commercial projects.
- The site uses minimal content to present their large capabilities.
- They let their projects showcase their unique business strengths.
- They use a mega menu that has visual elements to direct your attention to key pages.
- Their projects are broken down on a global map that’s interactive.
- They keep the website page content simple and to the point.
AECOM is the world’s premier infrastructure firm.
- The site makes great use of high impact visuals.
- They clearly present their position in the market on the site.
- They have extensive information about the company and their values.
- Their project portfolio has professional images and detailed information about each project.
- They showcase their big client names throughout the site.
Kiewit engineers are focused on what matters most to you: performance, schedule, safety, total installed and operating costs.
- The homepage uses a full-screen slider which really grabs your attention.
- You can quickly and easily drill down into their market segments from the homepage.
- They out their popular client projects front and center.
- They are a national business and make it easy to find divisions in your region.
- This website has a ton of information on their company and capabilities.
5. Tutor Perini
Extraordinary Projects. Exceptional Performance.
- This website has a minimal approach which makes it simple yet effective.
- They use high quality images and media throughout the entire site.
- They break up the site navigation in a simple way that makes it easy to find what you’re looking for.
- The project portfolio is well laid out with amazing photographs of their work.
- This website makes use of great typography with well throughout fonts and colors.
Creating and delivering sustainable solutions
- This website has an amazing color palette. It’s warm and welcoming.
- They use a masonry approach on the homepage which presents the information in an engaging layout.
- The structure of the information in the navigation is clean and interactive.
- The branding on the website is consistent throughout all pages.
- The news section of the website is filled with great information and structured in a simple easy to digest format.
If you would like to recommend a commercial construction website to be added to the list please share it in the comments below.
Confident, creative and highly qualified interactive marketing and web design professional with 17+ years of distinguished performance in construction internet marketing, social media, SEM/SEO, branding, web design, lead generation and e-commerce.