Plumbing Lead Generation: How to Fill Up Your Sales Pipeline
Choosing the right lead-generation strategy for your business is essential for a successful campaign. To streamline this process, we curated a list of proven plumbing lead-generation strategies you can use to increase your sales.
There are a lot of ways to do plumbing marketing. Some use organic strategies, others use paid ones. In this article, we’re going to look at both to help you weigh your options.
But before we do, lets take a look at the common types of leads you can find in this niche.
The Many Types of Plumbing Leads
- Central Heating Leads – Central heating systems can get complicated. Several things need to be accounted for when doing repairs such as gas pressure and flow, electrical components, and more.
- Gasworks Leads – Substandard gasworks services can lead to serious injuries or even fatalities. People tend to call experts for this specialized service to ensure their safety.
- Bathroom Leads – Plumbers can solve problems like clogged drains, leaking faucets, or toilets that refuse to flush. People can DIY repairs but it can become inconvenient and costly, especially for beginners.
- Boiler Service and Repair Leads – Boilers are complex machines that need constant maintenance. Property owners tend to hire plumbers who specialize in boiler repairs to ensure it doesn’t cause problems.
Plumbing Lead Generation: Top 7 Ways to Getting More Customers
Use Paid Targeted Ads
Recent statistics show us that 70% of all services are found through Google searches. Traditional marketing efforts like billboards, posters, or newspaper ads aren’t as effective when compared to paid targeted ads online.
If you want a fast and aggressive way to promote your service, then PPC (pay-per-click) ads are the way to go.
Optimize Your Google Business Profile
Creating a Google My Business account is essential for local businesses. Even without a website, plumbing services can use GMB to promote their online presence.
Having an optimized GMB account helps you expand your market and provides free marketing for your business in your local area.
It shows important details about your business such as opening/closing hours, and contact information, and can be used to link back to your website.
Excel in Local SEO
Local SEO can help a business become an authority in your plumbing niche and map listings. You can use several strategies to optimize for local plumbing SEO such as:
- Localized website content – This strategy involves creating geo-targeted content in tandem with important keywords for your niche.
- Schema markup – Markups or structured data allow Google’s bots to contextualize your content faster.
- Local directory listings – Local directories act like an online profile for your business that captures important information like your business name, contact info, and address.
- NAP citations – Your Name, Address, and Phone number should be consistent across all platforms. This includes your websites, social media accounts, and GMB profile.
- Reviews – These are effective forms of social proof that use organic testimonials from previous clients. You can promote these reviews on key landing pages of your website.
Create a Customer Referral Program
Studies show that customers are likely to purchase products or services referred by close friends or family members.
Setting up a referral system that incentivizes both old and new clients can be an effective way of generating leads. Create referral programs through social media, emails, or tap local plumbing supply stores.
Make Your Website a Lead-Generating Machine
A good plumbing website can automate the lead generation process. But to gain more quality leads, you need to optimize your site for the following:
- Site Speed – According to statistics, 1 in 4 visitors would exit a website if it takes more than four seconds to load.
- Ease of Use – Your website design should be intuitive and easy to use. Visitors should be able to easily find what they’re looking for on your site.
- Mobile Users – 62.1% of website traffic comes from mobile users. You need to make sure that your site is responsive across all mobile and desktop devices.
- Strategic CTAs – Your call-to-action buttons should provide visitors with value. Draw them in with coupons, discounts, or quality content.
To get more insight into how these metrics are used in action, check out this list of the best plumbing websites you can draw inspiration from.
Build an Email List
Creating an email list can take your lead-generation campaigns to the next level. However, it’s not enough that you gather your prospect’s email.
You need to curate and build an email list of leads that are most likely to convert into clients. It can also be used for email nurturing, follow-ups, and more.
Don’t forget to provide value for your prospects when conducting email marketing campaigns. This can turn recurring customers into lifetime clients.
New prospects gain incentives from this and can keep your business top-of-mind when it comes to plumbing services.
Lead generation is a powerful tool for any business in the service industry. Done right, it provides a sustainable flow of prospects down the sales pipeline.
But before investing time and resources into this, here are some things to consider:
- Paid ads can become effective but you still need to optimize for SEO.
- Plumbing services benefit greatly from platforms such as Google My Business.
- You can focus on lead generation for specific types of plumbing services.
- Your plumbing website can become an automated lead-generation machine if strategic call-to-actions are added to key pages.
- Customers value organic reviews most, especially if they come from people closest to them.
Aaron R. - CEO
Entrepreneur with 20 years experience launching and managing successful web design and marketing companies. As seen in New York Times, Inc.com, Smashing Magazine, Home Advisor and other various mainstream media.
Passionate about #seo #marketing #webdesign #socialmedia #blogging #family #texasbbq